A small update to Trillian for Windows (5.1 Build 19) is going out today, the main purpose of which is to prepare for upcoming Trillian server upgrades. As such, there is no public-facing changelog. The new servers will help us launch some new features later this year which we’ll be detailing as soon as we can! As things have been quiet around the blog lately, we also wanted to take a moment and give everyone a brief update on what we’ve been working on in 2012 so far:
- Trillian for Windows. Version 5.2 is feature complete and undergoing internal beta testing. We hope to have a beta ready in the coming weeks for everyone to test!
- Trillian for Mac. Version 1.3 is currently in Apple’s review queue and contains more bugfixes and a few minor features. Right now it’s looking like we may synchronize the Mac group chat build with a corresponding update on the Windows side, but we’ll see how the timing plays out on that one.
- Trillian for iPhone. A large update is coming this year with a refreshed user interface and some other cool features, some of which rely on the server upgrades we mentioned above. Want a sneak peek and like testing beta builds? Get in touch!
- Trillian for Android. Also working on a UI refresh and a few new features this year.
- Trillian for BlackBerry. We are continuing to support the existing codebase with bugfixes as necessary. We’ll see what BlackBerry 10 brings!
- Trillian for Web. Early research has begun on a version of this that doesn’t rely on Flash! So far it’s looking lightning fast and we think it will be a great base for the future.
We have a few other surprises in store this year as well and we can’t wait to share them with everyone. Thanks for your support!