Hi everyone – we’ve put out new builds across all of our desktop products to account for some server upgrades last week. Hopefully this will resolve the last of the connection issues some of you have been experiencing, and if not, we’ll get additional updates out as necessary. Sorry for the service disruption and thanks for your patience! The changes in the Windows builds are entirely related to internal communication with our servers and there were no additional fixes or changes. Version 1.4 of the Mac client also received these fixes in addition to some new emoticons, better support for retina displays, and a handful of other minor fixes. With the server updates out of the way, we are now in a better position to launch some of the mobile updates we’d mentioned in an earlier post. So here’s the current status roundup:
- Trillian for Windows. Version 5.2 is almost ready for release. A few more fixes and we will push it out to everyone. We’ve also started work on 5.3 and can’t wait to share new features we have in store for it!
- Trillian for Mac. Now that 1.4 is in the App Store, we’re working on 1.5 with a few enhancements to metacontact logic and better support for image transfers being synced between devices. After that we will be pulling the group chat code we’ve been working on into production.
- Trillian for iPhone. We are almost ready to send the update to the App Store for review. It’s looking great!
- Trillian for Android. Not as far along as the iPhone build, but early builds are looking great and fit beautifully into the modern Ice Cream Sandwich+ world!
- Trillian for Web. Early research on a Flash-free variant has turned into a fully-working prototype. Hopefully just another month or two on this and we’ll have something to share with everyone.